New Philosophy
After pledging myself to Ilmater, my ideals as a Paladin changed dramatically. No longer cold, merciless, and unyielding, I had adopted a new mindset. I embraced the ideals of the Broken One;
Help the suffering, regardless of their past digressions. No amount of suffering is too great for you; if you endure pain in Ilmater’s name, He is there for you. Do not be deterred by pain, if your cause is righteous. There is no shame in a meaningful death. Allow no tyranny or injustice to go unchallenged. Out of suffering comes growth. The physical existence is brief, compared to the eternity of the spirit.
I have done what I can to live up to those ideals. As such, I have altered my Code of Honor to better suit Ilmater’s dogma.
Uphold and spread the word of Ilmater.
Do not attack first unless provoked.
Redeem evil where you can.
Bring hope where it is lacking.
Accept surrender of your enemies.
Protect the innocent.
Treat prisoners with mercy and compassion.
Honor the dignity of life.
Destroy evil through redemption if possible, force of arms if not.


1 Comments:
Wow. I can almost hear the John Williams score in the background.
The Triad Gods will most certainly approve! Surely they will look favorably upon and guide the hand of this shining example of faith and honor!
Pavel approves.
Post a Comment
<< Home