Lawful vs. Good. Conflict with my Party
I am a criminal. Not according to any mortal law, but to divine. While obeying the contract I signed to join the adventuring guild, I stole a donation for the church.
While on route to Athkatla, we came a cross a destroyed caravan. All of the passengers had benn slaughtered, except for one little girl who had managed to avoid the ambush. We returned her to Athkatla, where I brought her to her family. Her father, Shaymer Edent, thanked me and my party for saving her, and he and I talked for a while. I spoke of Ilmater, and of how such rescues where the duty of any follower of his. Before I left, Mr. Edent went nto another room, and returned with a large gem, and a blood-signed letter of credit. He told me that they were offerings to the Church of the Broken One, and that tonight he would be praying to Him. I thanked him, and with a bow, assured him that I would deliver the offering. However, upon returning to the Last Elixer, I remembered that due to my contract, this offering now technically belonged to my party. I tried to convince them that it would be wrong to keep it, but I failed. We have now split up amongst ourselves this money that was meant for my God's temple. Fifteen thousand gold! Fifteen thousand gold that would have gone toward helping the needy, has now only served to make the rich richer. I say now, I shall have no part of these ill-gotten riches. The only reason the money shall touch my hand is to return my share to it's rightful owner.
I swear that I will right this, and the temple shall recieve what it's due someday.
Guide my hand, Ilmater. I put my faith in you, to help me on my mission. This debt will be repaid.
I am a criminal. Not according to any mortal law, but to divine. While obeying the contract I signed to join the adventuring guild, I stole a donation for the church.
While on route to Athkatla, we came a cross a destroyed caravan. All of the passengers had benn slaughtered, except for one little girl who had managed to avoid the ambush. We returned her to Athkatla, where I brought her to her family. Her father, Shaymer Edent, thanked me and my party for saving her, and he and I talked for a while. I spoke of Ilmater, and of how such rescues where the duty of any follower of his. Before I left, Mr. Edent went nto another room, and returned with a large gem, and a blood-signed letter of credit. He told me that they were offerings to the Church of the Broken One, and that tonight he would be praying to Him. I thanked him, and with a bow, assured him that I would deliver the offering. However, upon returning to the Last Elixer, I remembered that due to my contract, this offering now technically belonged to my party. I tried to convince them that it would be wrong to keep it, but I failed. We have now split up amongst ourselves this money that was meant for my God's temple. Fifteen thousand gold! Fifteen thousand gold that would have gone toward helping the needy, has now only served to make the rich richer. I say now, I shall have no part of these ill-gotten riches. The only reason the money shall touch my hand is to return my share to it's rightful owner.
I swear that I will right this, and the temple shall recieve what it's due someday.
Guide my hand, Ilmater. I put my faith in you, to help me on my mission. This debt will be repaid.


3 Comments:
As a Monk of the Yellow Rose, I can tell you that the Broken One would certainly be more concerned if your intentions were suspect. We all make mistakes and few are 100% evil or 100% good.
My belief is that a time will come when the Crying God will gift you with the opportunity to make right that which is not. Be vigilant and watch for that day.
Pavel councils.
I have misspoken. No blame is on you; Stolig, nor any of our other companions. What happened to the offering was legal and in line with our contract.
I also did not mean to imply that I was the sole rescuer of the girl, just that when Shaymer handed me the money, he told me that it was an offering to the church, and entrusted me with it's delivery. With the long day bearing down on my mind, I neglected to inform him of my contractual obligation to share the gold. This is no one's fault but my own.
Inventing a way to help the needy sounds like a wonderful idea. I do not possess your skills with machinery, but if I can render any assistance, do not hesitate to ask.
I will say again, do not mistake my frustration over this as anger or blame toward you or any others. You are my companions, and I owe you as much alliegance and gratitude as I do the church.
...eh...my god does not want gold..she only asks for belief...she asks one to listen to the wind and realize the wonder of its song
Post a Comment
<< Home