My Photo
Name:
Location: Firekeep Ridge

Thursday, January 04, 2007

The oil, sweet God, the oil.

Ok, so I used the PHB listing price for oil, and went from there to re-check the guess work I did during the game today. I've been doing some work using this site, because it seems pretty reliable.
http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm
I'm not entirely sure about my math, but it seems to check out. Here it goes.

1 pint oil: 1 silver.
pints to a gallon: 8
gallons to a cubic foot: 7.4805, rounded to 7.5
silver per cubic foot: 8*7.5=60
10 silver per gold piece, so 60/10=
6 gold per cubic foot.

surface area of pool: 55-5 foot squares, or 1375 square feet.
The pool is 3 feet deep, so the volume would be 1375*3, totaling 4125 cubic feet of oil.
Going by six gold per cubic foot, the value would be 24, 750 gold, should we be able to find a buyer. I feel like that ought to be wrong, but I've tried this a couple of times since getting home, and it's come out this way each time.

I'm not trying to look like a money grubber, but figuring this out has been bugging me since I got back, and I'm not sure if I'd have been able to get any other blogging done with this still over my head. So, there it is.

Dragonslaying rules.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

shouldnt it be 100 silver per gold piece...100c=1s, 100s=1g, 100g = 1p?? wrong?? its been a while since ive done conversions

1:07 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

crap nope ur right...i suck

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home