My Photo
Name:
Location: Firekeep Ridge

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stolig's Plan, and Milo's Bravery.


So, we arrived at Chult recently, and we have met have already met with quite a bit of resistance. On the way from the Ilmaterian Monastary, we were ambushed by numerous spiders, some of a size much more tremendous than I believed possible. I feel that this jungle still holds many more surprises, but we shall see.

When we found the ruins of Procampor, we discovered that they were already occupied. Several ogres had moved in on the location, one of whom seemed set apart from the rest. Stolig tells me that this one likely posseses magical abilities, though I have not witnessed any for myself beyond invisibility. Realizing that we could not likely handle their numbers, Stolig came through once again. (He is truly a God-send. I find myself thanking Gond on numerous occasions.) Knowing of terribly large reptiles that inhabit this island, he suggested that we lure one of them to this place, so that it might dispatch of the ogres. His suggestion was a creature called a "Tylanosaurs", I believe. However, it was reported to be much, much larger than a man, and much faster as well. Without a doubt, it could easily overtake the average man quickly, and tear him to pieces.
Without hesitation or fear, Milo offered himself for the task. With magical aid from Stolig, he went off into the pitch dark forest in search of the beast. I know not what transpired while he was away from us, but after not too long, we all heard a terrible crashing sound from the opposite side of the ogre encampment. Readying weapons, we prepared to face the coming battle.
Even with the information from Stolig, I was not prepared for what came crashing out behind Milo. Seconds after he ran through the throng of puzzled ogres, it came crashing out of the darkness of the trees. Only the blessing I had recieved from my God, and my will to stand beside my comrades kept my feet where they stood, kept me from fleeing into the cover of the woods. This creature pursuing him must have been easily twenty-plus feet in height, and a good ten feet longer than that. It's attention shifting from Milo, it crashed into the ogres, biting one in half before they could even react. While the forest had been silent moments before, it was now filled with the cacophany of this beast raging through their forces, bellows and shouted orders, and a deafening, rythmid pounding, which I now realize was my own heartbeat. I was no longer aware of the forest behind me and the dangers it held, all that existed was what was before my eyes.
What I saw was of course this beast and it's battle, and the shock obvious on the ogre's faces. But I saw more than that. I saw, in front of me, the true greatness of my friend. Had any others among us tried what he had, we would surely have been caught and devoured, and this was still a possible outcome for Milo. He did not think of that, however. My fear has been removed by the grace of the Gods, but Milo has said nothing of that regarding himself. His bravery is all his own, and it is truly remarkable.
Milo, I say this now in complete sincerity; no one, never in my presence, shall speak ill of your courage. You are commendable, and an honorable man. Though we do not always agree, you have my admiration, and my support. Never lose your bravery, ever. I hope, someday, to have the opportunity to prove myself as you have today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home